Senior Medical Director
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a clinical program through its life cycle which may include multiple studies and/or phases.
- Lead and manage a team of experienced Medical Directors and Clinical Scientists.
- Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical or commercial documents for promotional or scientific use as needed.
- Participates in strategy development, collaborating with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders including company scientific advisory board.
- Provide experienced, critical insights and contributions to the overall development and effectiveness of company’s product development programs, prioritizing product opportunities and developing plans to generate evidence for clinical validation and clinical utility.
- Engage with company scientific advisory board and other thought leaders to innovate and refine clinical product development strategies.
- Lead the design, review, execution, and analysis of clinical studies in support of product development plans, ensuring rigorous and compliant study conduct.
- Provide oversight to clinical data collection and quality assessment, as well as the development of analysis plans.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the Clinical organization
Medical Degree and a minimum of 10 years industry experience with 8 or more years experience with clinical trials.
5+ years experience managing medical/clinical staff
Experience in basic research and data interpretation in the area of relevance.
Clinical research and product development experience in oncology and diagnostics in industry.
Extensive working knowledge of clinical product development.
Broad experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance.
Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles.
In-depth understanding of competitive activity in the field.
Current or past leadership roles in major scientific and advocacy organizations preferred.
Excellent written and communication skills