Vice President, Human Resources
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is responsible for creating an environment where company employees can do their best work. The position will report to the EVP & CFO and will be a member of the Executive Committee. The position is responsible for designing and implementing an end-to-end people strategy including organization design and effectiveness, talent acquisition, total rewards, employee relations, people operations and talent development. The VP Human Resources will provide strategic direction for company’s people practices and be responsible for executing day-to-day activities of the function across all of company’s locations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Designing people practices that support the strategic direction of the business.
- Attracting and retaining the best talent to drive the success of the company.
- Creating a competitive total reward offering that recognizes employees for their contributions and aligns incentives with the goals of the organization.
- Establishing people practices that are fair, compliant and applied consistently for all employees.
- Administering operational services efficiently and with high quality that meets the needs of employees.
- Creating a culture of continuous learning that stretches employees and develops their skills.
- Offering a workspace that is engaging, comfortable, safe and conducive to the work demands of each department.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function. Monitors exposure of the company. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Approves all information submitted. Acts as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company. Coordinates activities across the organization and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Directs a process of organizational development that primarily addresses succession planning throughout the company.
- Establishes wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services, and company safety and health programs.
- Establishes standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures. Reviews variances to schedules. Interviews executive-level candidates.
- Defines all Human Resources programs, and authority/responsibility of Human Resources and line management within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to line management and employee-workshops, manuals, employee handbook, standardized reports.
- Selects and coordinates use of Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, 401K administrators, training specialists, labor counsel, and other outside sources.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of the human resource department. Prepares periodic reports to top management, as necessary or requested.
- Manage, prepare and organize Compensation Committee under the direct supervision of company’s CEO.
Bachelor’s degree in related field (or equivalent); Master’s degree preferred
15+ years of leadership experience in human resources
Demonstrated proficiency in core people disciplines, including talent acquisition, total rewards, employee relations, talent development and organization effectiveness
High level of personal integrity
Ability to collaborate with leaders at all levels and provide insight and coaching
A practical, pragmatic approach that addresses the immediate demands of a fast paced, rapidly growing organization
Proven ability to foster, motivate, and influence positive behaviors throughout the organization
Experience managing operations and facilities
Expert knowledge of people strategies, processes, policies and laws
Demonstrated success implementing creative, efficient, and user-friendly employee programs and solutions
Outstanding communication and listening skills (written, verbal & presentation)
Demonstrated success managing, mentoring, and developing employees
Proficient in the use of enterprise technology systems (HRIS, ATS)
Previous experience working in a small emerging company
Strong leadership skills